Monday, October 15, 2007

Very Sad News

Sharon Whilhelm is the Senior Executive Secretary who has been helping me with the "A Day with the Grizzlies" and figuring out the proper channels to follow on campus. This is very shocking. I will be attending her funeral on Thursday, which is during class time, so I have permission to give you an electronic assignment instead of regular class. I will tell you more about that tomorrow in class.

The Announcement I received today with other staff from the Provost:

It is with deep sadness that I inform you of the passing of Sharon L. Wilhelm. Ms. Wilhelm served as the Senior Executive Secretary to the Vice-President of Academic Affairs and Provost since 1984, but her service to Oakland University began in 1962.

In her forty-five years at Oakland University, Sharon worked in various capacities: first at the University Book Center from 1962-1967, Departmental Secretary in the Department of Psychology from 1967-1971, Secretary to the University Ombudsman from 1971-1973, Executive Secretary for the Assistant President of Academic Affairs from 1973-1975, Secretary to the Associate Provost 1975-1980, Executive Secretary to the Vice-Provost and Dean of the Graduate School from 1980-1984, and Senior Executive Secretary to the Provost from 1984.

Ms. Wilhelm's devoted service to Oakland University and to the Office of Academic Affairs will be deeply missed. In her passing, we have lost a genuinely good human being.

5 comments:

Angela Shamus said...

I'm very sorry to hear this.

jasmine said...

Life is too short. I have lost one of my friends this past week. I am very sorry to hear this, I hope her family and friends stay strong. Everything happens for a reason and God has a purpose for all things. So sorry to hear this sad news and i hope people realize that life is to short and please don't take it for granted.

DAllen said...

I hurt me so bad when I have so one i know pass die. A week befor I came to college my friend die. It at hurt me bad because it didn't seem real.

Suzanne M. said...

Jasmine and Devin, I'm so sorry about your friends. My deepest sympathies to you.

Anonymous said...

That is aweful! I am so sorry to hear about this!