Friday, November 9, 2007

A Day with the Grizzlies: Update 11/09

Exciting news!!!

First, I spoke with the cheering coach and Grizz will likely be available to us on Thursday; in fact, it is a good thing to assume his presence. YAY! Also, she is going to schedule some of the cheerleaders to be present.

Second, stuff, we got stuff. The Athletics Office comes through with support for us again. I will get a call on Monday to confirm a pick up time.

Third, lunch news. I am investigating options for lunch. More on that a bit later. What do you think about ending in the Rec. Center if I can get a room for lunch there? Then maybe Grizz can hang out longer?

Fourth, Jerry Graham from Upward Bound will speak with the children in South Foundation Hall for a 15 minute PowerPoint presentation by Ms. Graham. This way, the children actually SIT in college seats and learn about a college entrance program they could potentially join.

Fifth, we will need to adjust the tentative agenda to reflect Dr. Horning's welcome remarks, our time with Ms. Graham.

Finally, I am speaking with individuals from the Oakland Post and the radio station. We'll see what we can work out there.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

I know Mrs. Grahm...I was in Upward Bound for 4 years

Suzanne M. said...

That's awesome, Jaime!

Charlene said...

This all sounds amazing.

Abby B. said...

This is exciting. I am excited to see how everything turns out and what exactly we plan on doing. Everything is coming so soon. I am so glad that people were helpful and able to lend money to us and help us with planning for this day.